[Datastream #VJG-683965]: Access to GOES-16 online data

Hi Fang,

re:
> I am looking for online resources of GOES-16 satellite data so that I do
> not need to download every satellite data file to my local computer.  I am
> looking for GOES-16 radiance of 16 channels and brightness temperature
> of infrared channels and cloud top phase, cloud top height, cloud top
> pressure data on the dates from 2018 July 1st to 2018 August 31st.

There are two different types of images that you are looking for:

- 16-channel ABI imagery from GOES-16

  These images contain the radiances  and brightness temperatures
  that you are looking for.

- GOES-16 Level 2 ABI products created from ABI images and other
  (e.g., numerical model output) sources

  Level 2 products include things like cloud top phase, cloud
  top height, cloud top pressure, and a number of others.

re:
> I found that there are only data from limited dates from link
>
> https://thredds-test.unidata.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/catalog.html
>
> Do you have data from more dates on your website?

No, we currently only keep a "rolling" archive of the most recent
two weeks of GOES-16 ABI imagery and Level 2 products.

There is a full archive of GOES-16 ABI imagery on Amazon Web Services
(AWS).  Here is the first link shown for a Google search using
'goes-16 archive in aws' as the search key:

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/publicsector/accessing-noaas-goes-r-series-satellite-weather-imagery-data-on-aws/

I do know know if a similar archive of GOES-16 Level 2 products exists.

re:
> Thanks

No worries.

Ticket ID: VJG-683965