[Datastream #SCE-808417]: Hydro-Nexrad model

> Hello,

Hi Lisa,

> I would like to find out if this model is still being supported.

Unidata worked with U of Iowa on this project, U of Iowa is the lead party and
would be responsible for continued support.

Contacts at U of Iowa are:

Seo, Bong Chul address@hidden

and

Anton Kruger address@hidden

> Several years ago, we (at RENCI - University of North Carolina) teamed
> up with Bong-Chul Seo to get a copy of the model installed here, so we
> could process NEXRAD level II data from an LDM feed.
>
> Also, at that time, we were able to use AWS provided data to supplement
> our LDM feed of NEXRAD data. Then AWS changed the format of the NEXRAD
> data, and the Hydro-Nexrad model was no longer able to read the new
> format.

What AWS source are you referencing...NEXRAD II from the Big Data Project
perhaps?

> Do you know if the current version of the Hydro-Nexrad model can read
> the AWS NEXRAD Level II data?

Not sure, please contact U of Iowa.

> Is the source code for the latest version of the model available? If. So
> wo uld it be feasible for us to update the code so it can read the
> AWS format?

The NEXRAD level II via AWS for the Big Data Project has maintained original
format (as far as I know), there has been a change in the naming convention
suffix, but the data is the same.

https://aws.amazon.com/public-datasets/nexrad/

> Thanks very much for your help.

Sorry to pass you over to U of Iowa, but they hold and maintain the
Hydro-NEXRAD code.

> Lisa Stillwell
> Research Software Developer
> RENCI - University of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill