[Datastream #CEM-165797]: ADDE on lead server

Hi Ioan,

re:
> I have just came back after almost 2 weeks of being absent
> (personal/family issues) and as I queried the lead server for data I
> realized it servers outdated data
>
> Here is the list of nomianal times for band 6 for example
>
> 2017-11-28 12:30:37

> 2017-11-30 13:15:38
> ESPCOperations
>
> Are you experiencing problems with ADDE on lead server?
> If yes when are you going to restore the real time data flow?

The following notification on GOES-16 being moved to the GOES-East
slot at 75 W should answer all of your questions:

Topic: GOES-16 Drift and Transition Plan

Date/Time Issued: November 27, 2017 1655 UTC

Product(s) or Data Impacted: All GOES-16 ABI, GLM, SUVI, SEISS, MAG, and EXIS
products

Date/Time of Initial Impact: November 30, 2017 1300 UTC

Date/Time of Expected End: December 14, 2017 TBD UTC

Length of Outage: See details below.

Details/Specifics of Change: The GOES-16 drift and transition plan remains
unchanged
from the November 6, 2017 notification. This notification serves to provide
additional
specific information. Another notification update will be sent on December 8,
2017.

On November 30, 2017 between 1300-1430 UTC, five GOES-16 instruments (ABI, GLM,
SUVI,
SEISS, and EXIS) will be placed in safe or diagnostic modes and GRB, DCS,
HRIT-EMWIN,
and SARSAT will be disabled. After 1430 UTC, GOES-16 will begin drifting from
its present
location of 89.3 degrees West at a rate of 1.41 degrees per day. It will
complete drift
on December 11, 2017 when it reaches its final operational location of 75.2
degrees West.
During the drift period from November 30th-December 11th, ABI, GLM, SUVI,
SEISS, and EXIS
will not be capturing or distributing data. GRB, DCS, HRIT/EMWIN, and SARSAT
are disabled
during drift. This is due to X-band radio frequency downlink interference.

The GOES-16 MAG instrument will continue to operate nominally during drift with
the
exception of four outages during spacecraft maneuvers on dates of drift start
(11/30)
and drift stop (12/11).

Those outage periods are:

November 30, 2017 from 1530 - 1800 UTC
December 1, 2017 from 0315 - 0600 UTC
December 10, 2017 from 0215 - 0315 UTC
December 10, 2017 from 1415 - 1715 UTC

After a multi-day calibration, GOES-16 will resume nominal operations between
December
14-20, 2017.

On December 7, 2017 GOES-13 GVAR will begin relay through GOES-14 and will be
available
through both GOES-13 and GOES-14 satellites until December 14, 2017 at which
time the
GOES-13 GVAR will only be transmitted through GOES-14. GOES-13 GVAR users will
need to
repoint their antennas to 105 degrees West to maintain receipt of GOES-13 data
between
December 7th and 14th. Once GOES-16 reaches 75.2 degrees West on December 11,
2017,
there will be three days of calibration activity. All instruments will resume
nominal
operations between December 14-20, 2017 and GOES-16 will officially become
GOES-East.
There will be a three week period of overlap with GOES-13, after GOES-16 stops
drift
and instruments resume nominal operation modes. During this period of overlap,
GOES-13
GVAR will be relayed through GOES-14. GOES-13 will remain on and provide data
until
January 2, 2018 at which time the GOES-13 GVAR relay through GOES-14 GVAR will
be
disabled and the satellite will begin drifting to its storage location at 60
degrees
 West. Additional information will be communicated as needed.

Key points:

    November 30, 2017: GOES-16 ABI, GLM, SUVI, SEISS, and EXIS are put in safe
    or diagnostic mode and GRB, DCS, HRIT/EMWIN, and SARSAT are disabled
between
    1300-1430 UTC

    November 30, 2017: GOES-16 drift begins after 1430 UTC

    December 7, 2017: GOES-13 GVAR relay through GOES-14 GVAR begins (GOES-13
    GVAR still transmits until December 14th to allow users time to repoint
antennas)

    During drift, no instrument data will be captured or distributed from ABI,
   GLM, EXIS, SUVI, and SEISS. MAG data will still be distributed but with data
   outages on days of drift start (11/30) and drift stop (12/11)

    During drift, GRB, DCS, HRIT/EMWIN, and SARSAT will be disabled

    December 11, 2017: GOES-16 drift ends and calibration activities begin

    December 14, 2017: GOES-13 GVAR available only through GOES-14 GVAR

    December 14-20, 2017: GOES-16 resumes nominal operations and GOES-East
    operational status after calibration activities

        GOES-16 GRB, DCS, HRIT/EMWIN and SARSAT are activated

        GOES-16 products continue validation towards Provisional and Full
Maturity levels

        Provisional Products (ABI L1b and CMI) no longer require ‘preliminary,
        non-operational’ data caveat language

    No maneuvers / special operations during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays

    No GOES-East transition / interruption during designated Critical Weather
Days

    January 2, 2018: GOES-13 will stop transmitting data and begin drift to
storage
    location

    January 22, 2018: GOES-13 will reach storage location at 60 degrees West

Web Site(s) for applicable information:

See http://www.goes-r.gov/users/transitiontToOperations.html or
http://www.ospo.noaa.gov/Operations/GOES/16/transition.html for additional
information.