Unidata/COMET hardware software requirements

Hello David,

It was nice talking with you the other day, I hope you can make use of the
products we offer.

Hardware:

Case Studies:

1 UNIX workstation (Solaris has proven most stable)

We suggest:

512MB -> 1GB of RAM

20->100GB hard drive

dual 450 Mhz processors

CD reader and/or 8mm exabyte tape drive (these are not required as you can
ftp the data, but that is an arduous task)

LDM/IDD:

512MB->8GB of RAM

20->100GB hard drive

at least dual 450 Mhz processors

Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth....Abiline (I2) connections preferred,
but is dependant upon the data feeds you request:

http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/feedtypes/index.html

So you can see, that if you "beef up" one machine it will more than likely
be able to accomodate both of your needs.

Software:

Case Studies:

1)GEMPAK

http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/index.html

LDM/IDD:

1)LDM

http://unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/index.html

2)Perl

available at many locations

I believe this is all you will need..

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you,

-Jeff