[AWIPS #KHI-664125]: v20 Preferences

Hi Evan,

> I am indeed hitting Apply after changing the settings and then restarting
> CAVE. I am
> using the VM so maybe it's an issue with that rather than the v20 itself.

Okay, yes I can see this issue in the VM as well. It seems like CAVE is
experiencing an
error when trying to save the preferences from the VM build.  But, even if it
was able
to save them, unfortunately with the current design, this would then changes
the
preferences for everyone who uses the VM option.

To me it seems like the proper solution is to change the design of how/where the
preferences are saved, but that might be a fairly complicated thing to try and
change.

If you have the ability to run the direct Linux install, then you should be
able to
change these settings, and if not, for now we don't have a solution just yet
for the VM.

Thank you for reporting this!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: KHI-664125
Department: Support AWIPS