[AWIPS #BJR-278232]: Adding model data to CAVE

Hi there,

> I’d like to see the hiresW and it’s variants, and the ecmwf IFS hi-res if
> possible.

I asked because we might be able to look into adding some data to our EDEX
server.  At this
time we were not looking into adding ECMWF data to our server for a few
reasons.  But, there
does seem to be hiresW products both from NOAA and HRRR that we're currently
looking to see
if we get in our data flow.  If we have access to that data, we can take a
quick attempt
at ingesting some of it into EDEX.  Right now, the AWIPS team is mostly focused
on
developing the next major version of AWIPS, so we don't anticipate making many
v18 releases,
but if we could get the data to ingest, we could make an EDEX (backend) change,
and the
data could be available in the product browser.  I'll let you know if we're
able to make
this happen in the next few days or so.

Otherwise, the only other option would be to run an EDEX server of your own.
You **can**
run a server for just this hiresW data, which could run on a smaller machine,
possibly
even the one you run CAVE on.  The downfall, is you would not have any other
products
available in CAVE when connected to this EDEX server, if that makes sense?

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: BJR-278232
Department: Support AWIPS