[AWIPS #PHZ-247370]: problems with installing on windows

Hi there,

> I installed CAVE direct on another computer with windows 10 and windows
> defender and it works correctly. So something is wrong with my normal
> computer which hopefully will go away someday with upgrades. That or I have
> to rebuild it. Not fun

Well I'm glad you were able to successfully install CAVE on another machine.
The only last
thing I can think of for your current machine is to open Windows Defender and
sort the
incoming rules alphabetically to make sure you can see all of the "cave" ones,
disable all
of them, and then restart your computer.  Clear caveData and start CAVE again
and see if that
makes any difference.  Otherwise, there may be some other place that networking
filters are
being applied, but at this point I'm a bit out of my depth, with networking out
of my
expertise.

Sorry again that it's been such a pain.  We appreciate the update though.
Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: PHZ-247370
Department: Support AWIPS