[AWIPS #CWJ-540985]: grb2 decode question.

> Hi Tiffany -- no luck with getting these options in the browser.   Here is
> what we did..
>
> 0. Verified in CAVE, Preferences we are set up as OAX
>
> 1.  mkdir -p
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/cave_static/site/OAX/volumebrowser/VbSources
> 2. cd to the directory above
> 3. cp /awips2/cave/etc/volumebrowser/VbSources/volume.xml .
> 4. edited volume.xml and added <vbSource key="GFS_FE" category="Volume" />
> (note that we are calling this model GFS_FE)
>
> 5.  mkdir -p
> /awips2/edex/data/utility/cave_static/site/OAX/menus/volumebrowser/fields/planview-timeseries
> 6. cd to the directory above
> 7. cp
> /awips2/cave/etc/menus/volumebrowser/fields/planview-timeseries/misc.xml .
> (the directions below and a follow up email seemed to have an incorrect path
> of where to get misc.xml so we located this file and used it)
> 8. edit misc.xml and added two lines just above the </menuTemplate> tag
> <contribute xsi:type="menuItem" menuText="GSTF" key="GSTF" indentText="false"
> />
> <contribute xsi:type="menuItem" menuText="GSTX" key="GSTX" indentText="false"
> />
>
> 9. Exited CAVE, deleted caveData, restarted cave, and opened the Volume
> Browser
> 10. GFS_FE does not appear in the Volume dropdown menu and likewise neither
> GSTF or GSTX appear at the bottom of the Misc dropdown
>
> I think I messed this up and apologize but I cant quite see why this didn’t
> work.

Hi Pete,

All of that looks correct (I have those same changes and am able to see the
entries). Couple things to check...

1. Under the Volume drop down, this list gets alphabetized, so even if you put
the entry at the top/bottom, it will re-order.
2. Make sure you are looking in the middle "Fields" section under misc (there's
a Fields-->misc and Planes-->misc). These shouldn't re-order/alphabetize so it
should be at the bottom.
3. Check to make sure you don't have any other user overrides of these files:

find /awips2 -name misc.xml (there are multiple misc.xml files but the one in
the fields/planview-timeseries is the one you should look for)
find /awips2 -name volume.xml

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: CWJ-540985
Department: Support AWIPS