[AWIPS #UFO-664779]: CAVE/MAC O/S Monterey Error

Hi Pete,

> To be clear, CAVE does run in Mac OS Monterey after acknowledging that error
> message. So I stay put with OS Monterey for the time being, but I wanted you
> to be aware of the error message.

Ahh, okay thank you for clarifying.  As long as CAVE runs, then I think that
will
be fine for now then.  I think I'll add a note to our site to let users know
they
may encounter this message on MacOS Monterey, but to disregard it for now.

We are planning on releasing a newer version of AWIPS sometime hopefully this
next
year, and that version of AWIPS will use Python3 (no references to Python2),
and
will hopefully mitigate this warning message. But it might take a while before
we
make that release.

Thank you for letting us know about this.
I'll mark this issue as closed for now.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: UFO-664779
Department: Support AWIPS