[AWIPS #DBV-397454]: Mac Crashing

Hi there,

> Hello there, every time I open AWIPS Cave on my MacBook Pro it crashes
> abruptly.
> I’ve removed the program (including the caveData folder separately) and have
> reinstalled the newest version around 2-3 times, and every time I do it asks
> me
> for a server (I enter edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.ed), and I keep the default
> site,
> which is approves and moves onto the loading phase. Once the loading phase
> has
> finished, the application seems to open but then closes after around 10
> seconds
> of loading. This is a pretty aggravating issue and I was wondering if there
> was
> anything I could do?

I'm sorry to hear CAVE keeps crashing on you.  A couple of quick questions:
- do you see any files in ~/Library/caveData/logs/ directory?  Could you send
the
 most recent one, if so?
- what version of MacOS are you running?
- what version of CAVE are you running (when you go to start it up, it says the
 version number on the right half of the splashscreen, under the rectangular
icon)?

If you are not running the latest version of CAVE (18.2.1-2), could you
uninstall
the current one, by dragging it to the trash, and reinstalling the newest one
found
here, starting at step 2:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#download-and-installation-instructions_3

Thanks!

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: DBV-397454
Department: Support AWIPS