[AWIPS #SKE-739638]: Unable to pip install

Hi there,

> Correct, after downloading the missing DLL and extracting it into where the
> error was originating from, the issue was resolved and CAVE was able to run
> correctly.
> I did not restart the installation process since every other part had been
> completed successfully previously, I simply put the DLL into the correct
> location and the rest of the process went without error.

Thank you so much for clarifying!

> I downloaded the DLL from: https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140_1.dll.html
> They provided the file which solved my problem.

I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem. Thanks for providing this link
for
reference.

> I am unsure on how to replicate this error again...

I wouldn't worry about replicating the problem. I'm guessing the most likely
reason
was because you're running on an older OS.  But this is great to know if anyone
else
encounters a similar issue.
Thanks and enjoy using CAVE!
--Shay Carter
She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: SKE-739638
Department: Support AWIPS