[AWIPS #RGA-719047]: From a non-University entity: Clarifying question regarding need for EDEX and user "awips" to exist as requirements to use CAVE

Hi Peter,

I have seen that error before and am fairly confident that is not what is
crashing your
CAVE session.  It's an unrelated error, but should not cause CAVE to die.
Could you answer a few questions about your system please:
-What OS are you using?
-What are you trying to do exactly? (Run your own edex and cave on the same
machine, and
ingest your own data?)
-What graphics card are you using?

I don't really know why CAVE is crashing but this whole process has seemed to
be much more
complicated than it should be.
Hopefully we can get some more answers for you.
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

Software Engineer II
UCAR - Unidata