Re: [visad] Convert Netcdf content to visad object in order generate contours coordinates

  • To: Jose Carro <joandca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [visad] Convert Netcdf content to visad object in order generate contours coordinates
  • From: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:27:17 -0500
Hi Jose...

The "GridDataset" you refer to is actually the domain sampling set --
usually a "visad.Gridded2DSet".  Use the JPythonMethods method
"getDomainSet()" to get the Set for the FieldImpl.

Be a little careful about the structure of your "temperatures" object
-- if the first dimension is for "time", then you will need to
reference this as "temperature[0]" for the methods to work correctly.
(I usually just do a "print len(temperature)" and if the value is 1,
then I know I must use "temperature[0]" to reference the FlatField.)

tom

--
Tom Whittaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison