Re: [visad] Convert Netcdf content to visad object in order generate contours coordinates

  • To: Tom Whittaker <whittaker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [visad] Convert Netcdf content to visad object in order generate contours coordinates
  • From: Jose Carro <joandca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 17:27:11 -0300
Hi Tom

Thanks for your quick response.
I already tested my nc file in IDV and I was able to draw beautiful
contours.

The problem is that for my region (South America), specifically coast of
Uruguay and Argentine, we have sea surface temperature data but missing
measures for different depths.

I am working with a local professor who developed a formula function, where
he can get the approximate temperature for different depths based on SST
isotherms.

I am trying to develop a Java application using Visad libraries. This
program should read the 2D Netcdf. Calculate the contours for different
temperatures and depending on the lat.lon of each point I would apply a
specific formula. That’s why I need the contours coordinates (each point
lat,lon) for each coordinate in order to apply different formulas for
different points depending between what contours they are. (I understand
that class Conrourd2D can provide x,y for each points of the contours)

With a new 3d array I plan to create a 3D Netcdf in order to be imported to
IDV.

I hope it clarifies my requirements.

I will investigate the information you provided me.

Thanks

Jose