Re: p.s., Re: Help with ProjectionControl

Thanks for your reply, Bill. I was hoping that I was barking up the wrong tree and there might be a way to "disable" the image border. I'm inferring from your response however, that using the ProjectionControl to "zoomin" is really the only approach, and it's a matter of calculating the correct scale value for the matrix. Is this correct?

Can you provide me any other detail on how the border size is calculated?

Is there a way in VisAD to set the background to transparent?

Thanks again!

-- john

Bill Hibbard wrote:
John, clearly from your code you'd like a systematic solution.
To figure out why outputWidth and outputHeight are giving you
the wrong aspect, you'll just have to trace through everything:
1. Are these values really the size of the window?
2. Is the VisAD box the size you'd expect?
3. Is the VisAD box truly square, on your system, with no call
to setAspectCartesian()?

Good luck, Bill

John Cartwright
Associate Scientist
Geospatial Data Services Group
CIRES, National Geophysical Data Center/NOAA
(303) 497-6284
John.C.Cartwright@xxxxxxxx