Re: DisplayEvent not emulating central click

I've always had this problem on windows (reported this way back)
and always have had to use the left and right buttons to simulate
the middle mouse button.  At least now I know why. ;-)  Using
a custom set of mouse functions allows you to do this with other
combinations.

Tom Whittaker wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Bill.

I wanted to let you know that I'm using a Logitech mouse with a 'roller'
that also apparently doubles as a 'middle button'.  When I try to use
that button, I get the same effect you observed:  text of coordinates
show in the upper left corner, but I cannot roam the cursor around.
Also, the cursor appears in the previous location, the events are for the CENTER button, and the CTRL keydown shows up as 'true'.

Just holding the left and right buttons, though, things are "normal" --
text and roaming work...events are for RIGHT and LEFT buttons (no CENTER).

I installed the latest update to the Logitech driver and got the same results.

tom

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm