Re: absolute or relative color tables? more

  • Subject: Re: absolute or relative color tables? more
  • From: Stuart Wier <wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 08:45:00 -0600
> > How do I make a color table or ColorControl so that there
> > is a connection between a particular color and a particular data
> > value or a range of data values?

> This mapping is determined by the low and high values passed
> to ScalarMap.setRange(), and by the 'float[][] table' array
> passed to BaseColorControl.setTable().  The table values
> (length = table[0].length) are distributed evenly over the
> (low, high) range.

I could achieve what I have in mind if there could be more than
one ScalarMap to Display.RGB per display, each with its own ColorControl
and a matching setRange() call,

or if the one ScalarMap could have several ColorControls, each ColorControl
with its own setRange().

Is either possible?

Stu Wier

Unidata Program Center