Re: [thredds] THREDDS Creation Date

Greetings!

The THREDDS project was funded in 2001 by the NSF Division Of Undergraduate
Education:

https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=0121623

Historical goodness here - the mailing list announcement from Ben Domenico:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/thredds/2001/msg00008.html

The initial THREDDS Data Server (TDS) and netCDF-Java (version 2?) stack
came out of that effort I do believe.

>From what I understand, netcdf-in-java-land hit the scene in 1999:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/java/ams99.html

Now, the THREDDS project umbrella covers not only netCDF-Java and the TDS,
but also the data conversion tool Rosetta, and the python data access
client Siphon.

Cheers!

Sean