Re: [thredds] wget and thredds

If you go to the thredds catalog you provided
http://www.metoc.gov.au/thredds/catalog/RAN_CTD_DATA/HI526MER_M/catalog.html

and click one of the HTTPServer links (direct download), you will see
that it looks like this:

http://www.metoc.gov.au/thredds/fileServer/RAN_CTD_DATA/HI526MER_M/20130506T064802Z_M_HI526MER_M.nc

So those "fileServer" URLs are the ones you want.   You could try this approach:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/thredds/2010/msg00144.html