Re: [thredds] nco as a web service

Roy, all,

(at least WPS can be used to express I/O parameters of a function.)

However, if you are looking for "the key question of the syntax of the expressions" the OGC WCPS language interface standard might provide a solution:

http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/wcps

It "... defines a protocol-independent language for the extraction, processing, and analysis of multi-dimensional gridded coverages representing sensor, image, or statistics data."

Regards,
Matthias