Re: [python-users] Metpy Error

Joseph,

You can disable conda's verification of SSL connections by setting
the CONDA_SSL_VERIFY environmental variable to false.  So
"CONDA_SSL_VERIFY=false conda install metpy" may work.  This option can
also be modified with the ssl_verify configuration setting
<https://conda.io/docs/install/central.html?highlight=ssl#ssl-verification-ssl-verify>
in your .condarc file but setting this to false is not recommended.
Finally you may want to try updating your certificates and SSL packages,
"conda update conda requests cryptography pyopenssl openssl" usually does
the trick.  Prepend CONDA_SSL_VERIFY=false to this if you get a SSL error.

Cheers,

  - Jonathan Helmus