Re: [python-users] Metpy Error

Mr. May,

Thanks for the quick response! I did attempt to run the script again
multiple times to no avail with the same error message.  As for the the
other instructions, I found the original one here
<https://anaconda.org/Unidata/metpy>, and I did find this
<https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/installguide.html> page describing the
same process.

Joseph Renken

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joseph,
>
> Sorry to hear you're having problems. It looks like some of Continuum's
> servers are having problems; initially I got the same error as you, but
> when I tried again:
>
> conda install metpy
>
> it worked just fine. My advice would just be to try again, but please let
> us know if you can't get it to work. Also, did you see instructions
> somewhere suggesting:
>
> conda install -c unidata metpy
>
> ? If so, I need to update them since we've deprecated the unidata conda
> channel in lieu of the conda-forge channel.
>
> Thanks for reaching out!
>
> Ryan
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Joseph Renken <jdrenken7@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I attempted to install the Metpy per this
>> <https://unidata.github.io/online-python-training/conda-windows.html>
>> page and received the error below.
>>

>> The bottom line also didn't give me any results.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Joseph Renken

>> For list information, to unsubscribe, or change your membership options,
>> visit: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/
>>

> --
> Ryan May, Ph.D.
> Software Engineer