new alpha release of netCDF-4, alpha 17

Howdy all!

I have just put a new alpha release of netCDF-4.0 on the ftp site,
alpha 17:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4/netcdf-4.0-alpha.tar.gz

This release still works with HDF5 1.7.52, which can also be found on
the netCDF-4 ftp site.

NetCDF-4 should be built according to the instructions here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/netcdf-4/newdocs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions-for-Installing-NetCDF-on-Unix.html

Reasonably complete documentation exists for the C API at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/netcdf-4/newdocs/netcdf-c/

This alpha release fixes some bugs, particularly in the F77 and F90
APIs.

It also adds the capability of controlling the endianness of netCDF-4
variables.

Thanks,

Ed

--