Re: HDF5 dimension scales proposal

On 2004.11.10 11:55 John Caron wrote:

IMO, coordinates are worth standardizing in full generality, so we stop having files that cant be properly displayed by standard software. If nothing else, a recomended way to do it with API support when useful. I guess I would advocate that our "common data model" effort eventually agree on some recomendations about how to do it.

This will be possible only within communities, not for all uses. There
are too many different ways that coordinates are done for there to be
a single standard.