HDF5 dimension scales proposal

Here is our latest dimension scales proposal, which I mentioned in Friday's meeting

Paper: http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/RFC/H5DimScales/H5dimscale_prop_No3.v3.pdf
Slides: http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/RFC/H5DimScales/HDF5_dimscale_prop_3.pdf

I've hesitated to share these because they contains a lot of background verbiage that is probably not of interest to most of you. To avoid this:

 - start with section 2 ("Proposal") in the paper
 - start with slide #13 in the slides.

If you wish the original MS Word and power point versions of these, just let me know.

Mike

--
Mike Folk, Scientific Data Tech (HDF)   http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu
NCSA/U of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign          217-244-0647 voice