Re: [ldm-users] [External] Re: GOES 16 Full Disk change

  • To: Mike Zuranski <mzuranski@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] [External] Re: GOES 16 Full Disk change
  • From: Daniel Vietor - NOAA Affiliate <dan.vietor@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 11:16:09 -0600
Right now at AWC, we use a direct GOES downlink to 16 and 17/18 data. We
generate our own global satellite mosaics pieced together with McIDAS. I
alway try to maintain what I call a hot backup if our local processing
fail. So I have added processing to our scripts to use the images from SBN
to create our satellite tilecache. This is a bit easier if I don't have to
process half the full disk image. I will make appropriate changes.

Thanks.

Dan.

--
*Dan Vietor*