Re: [ldm-users] GOES 16 Full Disk change

Hi Jim,

Yes this change was intentional, in an effort to conserve bandwidth over
NOAAPort/SBN essentially.

This was originally supposed to happen a couple of weeks ago, here's the
SCN outlining the full set of changes and reasoning:
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf2/scn22-94_geo_spectral_coverage_goes-eastwest.pdf

The dates in that SCN came and went, but NESDIS also issued this earlier
this week announcing the new date for GOES-16:
https://weather.cod.edu/textserv/raw/KNES/NOUS72_ADMNES/202211302119

The same will happen for GOES-17/18 but I'm not aware of a date for that
yet.

-Mike

*Mike Zuranski*
Data Engineer II