Re: [ldm-users] upstream peers needed :)

plus the figures I have, we don't take all feed types.  just text, radar,
and images.  and one or two exotic ones.  still only adds up to a Max of 20
MiB/s

I think there may me unit confusion and parts of this thread. I think some
people are talking megabits and some people are talking megabytes.  I'm
talking the latter sort of.

Fat fingered from my phone with reckless abandon.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018, 08:42 Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <
gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Point taken, and thanks. I've been head-down in the "new" job for too
> long, and someone else here handles the LDM work for the most part. That
> said, I doubt a gig will choke anytime real soon, regardless of how much we
> ask the TOC to add data.
>
> gerry
>
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Patrick L. Francis <
> wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Over a few years, I've reached the conclusion that LDM on a gigabit
>> circuit is really pretty good. When some of the CONDUIT model data streams,
>> you might become a little backlogged, but it recovers quickly. Generally,
>> while I was at Texas A&M, we peaked at less than 20Mb/s, regardless of how
>> much data we were getting in... or how many folks downstream we were
>> feeding.
>>
>> I'm sorry Gerry, you know I love you, but that information is dated.
>> [image:
>> *ALIEN*]
>>
>> Over NOAAPort alone, there are peaks of up to 50-60Mb, especially with
>> GOESr... CONDUIT of course would only add more to the equation. If one were
>> to engage in the delivery of weather related products, timeliness is of
>> course the first priority. Thus one must ensure that the throughput of
>> packets are unhindered through every leg of the distribution. Backlogging
>> in weather related data can cost lives, something that can not be taken
>> lightly [image: *IDEA*]
>>
>> Add the occasional NOAAport retransmits that pop up every now and then,
>> and the feathers of calm can become somewhat ruffled [image: 8-)]
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> --patrick
>>

>> ..

>>  Virus-free.
>> <#m_2197598792777300629_m_-8189740806694884489_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>>

> --
> Gerry Creager
> NSSL/CIMMS
> 405.325.6371