Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAPORT

This PNS was just announced:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/pns18-16fccgalaxy28.htm

The PNS also discusses the Satellite ingest/receipt of NOAA Weather Wire.

A friend who is into HAM radio was telling me if one receives any form of
RF communications (i.e. NOT just a satellite ingest), one should register
their site with the FCC to protect them.  The protection comes into play
if  later another entity starts broadcasting and causing interference on
your RF reception, there is recourse for you via the FCC and the entity has
to stop causing interference issues on your RF reception at their cost.  If
one doesn't register, then the FCC can't force the entity to stop causing
interference and one has to figure out how to resolve the interference
themselves at their own cost.

Gregg