Re: [ldm-users] [noaaport] NOAAPORT

Attempted that URL and it blocked me saying it looked suspicious LOL.

Ray Weber
MA Skywarn

On Friday, June 8, 2018 1:56pm, "Gregory Grosshans"
<gregory.grosshans@xxxxxxxx> said:

This PNS was just announced:
[ http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/pns18-16fccgalaxy28.htm ](
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/notification/pns18-16fccgalaxy28.htm )

The PNS also discusses the Satellite ingest/receipt of NOAA Weather Wire.
A friend who is into HAM radio was telling me if one receives any form of RF
communications (i.e. NOT just a satellite ingest), one should register their
site with the FCC to protect them.  The protection comes into play if  later
another entity starts broadcasting and causing interference on your RF
reception, there is recourse for you via the FCC and the entity has to stop
causing interference issues on your RF reception at their cost.  If one doesn't
register, then the FCC can't force the entity to stop causing interference and
one has to figure out how to resolve the interference themselves at their own
cost.
Gregg

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 2:30 AM, Daniel Vietor - NOAA Affiliate <[