Re: [ldm-users] question about primary and secondary data transfer

  • To: Greg Trotter <gtrotter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] question about primary and secondary data transfer
  • From: Donna Cote <d-cote@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 13:15:12 -0600
That is such a cool work around!

On Jan 17, 2018 12:50 PM, "Greg Trotter" <gtrotter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>From what I can tell, its designed to minimize product delivery delays at
the expense of bandwidth. A perfectly good application, but not ideal for
our specific application since it’s not tuneable.

In the end, I made two ldmd.conf files, one with a REQUEST line for our
alternate site and one without. I have a cron job that runs every minute,
checks the origin of the products in the queue for the last 30 seconds, and
if there are none with an origin of my local NOAAPORT server, it switches
out the ldmd.conf to the one with the alternate, and restarts LDM. If it’s
running with the alternate config and the cron job sees that products are
being inserted locally again, it switches back to the primary ldmd.conf
that doesn’t have the REQUEST line from our remote source.