Re: [ldm-users] question about primary and secondary data transfer

  • To: "Patrick L. Francis" <wxprofessor@xxxxxxxxx>, "Karen Cooper - NOAA Affiliate" <karen.cooper@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ldm-users] question about primary and secondary data transfer
  • From: Greg Trotter <gtrotter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 18:50:42 +0000
From what I can tell, its designed to minimize product delivery delays at the
expense of bandwidth. A perfectly good application, but not ideal for our
specific application since it’s not tuneable.

In the end, I made two ldmd.conf files, one with a REQUEST line for our
alternate site and one without. I have a cron job that runs every minute,
checks the origin of the products in the queue for the last 30 seconds, and if
there are none with an origin of my local NOAAPORT server, it switches out the
ldmd.conf to the one with the alternate, and restarts LDM. If it’s running with
the alternate config and the cron job sees that products are being inserted
locally again, it switches back to the primary ldmd.conf that doesn’t have the
REQUEST line from our remote source.