[ldm-users] 20180108: GOES-16 imagery and products now available in the IDD DIFAX feed

All,

This morning, slightly in advance of the turning off of GOES-13, the IDD
DIFAX feed was repurposed into one aimed at delivery of satellite imagery.
This was accomplished by inserting all GOES-16 imagery and products
being receiving in the GOES ReBroadcast (GRB) and being processed by
UW/CIMSS CSPP GEO into the LDM queues on our top level IDD relay clusters,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddb.unidata.ucar.edu, in the DIFAX feed type.

Documentation for how to REQUEST and process the GOES-16 imagery can be
found in a new portion of our Satellite Data web pages:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data -> Satellite Data
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/index.html#satellite

The web page available via the SATELLITE (aka DIFAX) link under the LDM
LDM Feedtype column:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/goesr.html

gives a high level overview of the products that are now flowing
and includes example LDM configuration file REQUEST lines and LDM
pattern-action file actions for the data.

A new distribution of the LDM that changes the primary name of the
feed type being used from DIFAX to SATELLITE will be released in the
coming days.  Until this release, users can REQUEST and process the
products using the DIFAX feed name.

Please send any all comments/questions/suggestions to:

Unidata IDD Support <support-idd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Best Regards,

Unidata User Support
--
Unidata User Support                              UCAR Unidata Program <

  • Search the ldm-users archives: