[ldm-users] Use of PRIMARY and ALTERNATE tags (was Re: Double level 2 feed again...)

Bret,

Could the problem be the duplicate feed requests? I thought that all feed requests had to be unique, unless we have the PRIMARY or ALTERNATE tags on the request line...

Beginning with version 6.4.0 of the LDM, the PRIMARY and ALTERNATE tags may be omitted from the LDM configuration-file. Given multiple REQUEST entries with identical feedtypes and product-patterns, the first entry will start a downstream LDM in PRIMARY mode and the other entries will start downstream LDMs in ALTERNATE mode. After one minute, the modes of the downstream LDMs will switch as necessary to maximize reception.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

  • Search the ldm-users archives: