Re: 20020430: IDD site logs

Hello All,

I agree with David that the links should be updated. In the past, they
have helped Unidata support figure out some of my LDM/IDD problems.

I think that someone indicated that they had problems with FreeBSD and
dostats. We may have had the problem initially, but our data has been
going out for some time.

Speaking of the e-mailing info for the various Topo pages to check
latencies, the listings have become very sparse, especially over the
past week. These pages are very useful for checking out latencies.

Jim
--
James P. Koermer             E-Mail: koermer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor of Meteorology     Office Phone: (603)535-2574

Unidata Support wrote:

> >From: David Knight <knight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> David, et. al.,
>
> >     In by gone times there was a web page at
> >http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/idd/sitelogs.html
> >that would let you view ldmd logs at other sites.
> >This was very useful to help diagnose data problems.
> >Actually, the page still exists, but, most of the
> >links go nowhere now.
>
> You are correct.  Updates to the links on the sitelogs.html page has
> not been done for quite some time.  The only links that appear to work
> are the ones where sites have not changed the location of their log
> files and still allow access to them trough their local web server.
>
> >    I wonder if others think it would be a worthwhile
> >effort to update this resource?
>
> Like you note, these logs can be useful when troubleshooting IDD
> problems.  If IDD sites send us current URLs to their site logs, we
> will update the sitelogs.html page.
>
> Tom Yoksas
> Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
> (303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
> support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
> Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <

  • Search the ldm-users archives: