Re: PIPE always errors

"Jason J. Levit" wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   I just installed a version of LDM on my RedHat 7.2 workstation,
> and whenever I attempt to send data to a "PIPE" command, I always
> receive this error:
>
> Apr 12 15:52:51 storm pqact[9943]: child 9948 exited with status 127
> Apr 12 15:52:51 storm pqact[9943]: pbuf_flush (4) write: Broken pipe
>
>   I checked all the permissions on the directory, and they are all
> open.  A standard "FILE" command works fine in this directory, but
> ANY command I pipe the data to (cat, etc.) ALWAYS gives me a
> "write error".
>
>   There appears to be something wrong with PIPE, but I'm not sure
> how to get around it.  Is there a bug with PIPE on RedHat 7.2
> and LDM?
>
>   Thanks for any help!
>
>   Jason
>
> --
> Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
> jlevit@xxxxxx             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
> Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
> 405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

Hi Jason,

I have not heard of any problems with PIPE under RedHat 7.2.

If you can't PIPE the product through 'cat', then I'm wondering about
your environment.  Are you running as user 'ldm'?  What is PATH set to?

To debug, you could FILE the product then run the executable from the
command line.  And/or you could put pqact in verbose or debug mode to
get more information.  (Send it a USR2 signal to cycle through the
various stages of verbosity.)  Sometimes running pqact from the command
line can be informative.

Anne
anne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                  P.O. Box 3000
                                  Boulder, CO  80307