PIPE always errors

  Hello,

  I just installed a version of LDM on my RedHat 7.2 workstation,
and whenever I attempt to send data to a "PIPE" command, I always
receive this error:

Apr 12 15:52:51 storm pqact[9943]: child 9948 exited with status 127
Apr 12 15:52:51 storm pqact[9943]: pbuf_flush (4) write: Broken pipe

  I checked all the permissions on the directory, and they are all
open.  A standard "FILE" command works fine in this directory, but
ANY command I pipe the data to (cat, etc.) ALWAYS gives me a
"write error".

  There appears to be something wrong with PIPE, but I'm not sure
how to get around it.  Is there a bug with PIPE on RedHat 7.2
and LDM?

  Thanks for any help!

  Jason

Jason J. Levit, N9MLA                   Research Scientist,
jlevit@xxxxxx             Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
Room 1022                              University of Oklahoma
405/325-3503                           http://www.caps.ou.edu/

  • Search the ldm-users archives: