Re: [idvusers] GEMPAK Upper-Air files in IDV 5.0u1

  • To: "Tyle, Kevin R" <ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [idvusers] GEMPAK Upper-Air files in IDV 5.0u1
  • From: Julien Chastang <chastang@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:22:46 -0600
Kevin et al.,

Wrapping this up (sort of), for issue 2 there was indeed a bug in the IDV
where missing values were not properly  handled for these data. This
problem should be fixed now and will be available in the next version (or
the nightly builds for the impatient).

Issue1 is a bit thornier. Kevin explained (offline) that these files don't
necessarily have to have the .gem extension. But the RAOB interface does
not have the notion of a "Data Source Type" chooser. There is just a file
chooser that can filter on various file extensions. So, for now, we are
requiring the .gem suffix, but in the future we may make this interface
smarter.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support