Re: [idvusers] GEMPAK Upper-Air files in IDV 5.0u1

Hi Julian,

On closer examination, there are two issues:

1. The file *must* have a ".gem" extension for it to be read.  If not, you get
all sorts of strange errors ...

2. There is a problem with data that is extrapolated down to 1000 mb.  Instead
of being set to "missing", temperature is set to 0.0.  (Wicked inversions
result in the summer ... hehehehe)

--Kevin
Kevin Tyle, Systems Administrator
Dept. of Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
Earth Science 235, 1400 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12222
Email: ktyle@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 518-442-4578