Re: [idvusers] [thredds] Update - Changes to thredds.ucar.edu

Hi Don,

Did you happen to create a custom variable renamer (varrenamer.xml)? As far as I know, nothing in GribVariableRenamer or the variable renamer xml file in the CDM has changed.

Thanks for the offer to bounce ideas off of you (especially since you are not paid to do this). The idea I have is to include the variable attribute "Grib_Variable_Id", which every variable has, into the bundle. An example value of this would be value="VAR_0-3-5_L100", which is made up of the grib parameter discipline, category, name, and level codes. Another through is that we could add a method to the Variable object that returns a unique id that would by default return the "name", but could return an actual unique id, dependent on the data model being dealt with (may be similar to Grib_Variable_Id for GRIB, variable name for netcdf, etc.).

Thanks again!

Sean