From: gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gembud-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Russ Schumacher
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 4:08 PM
To: gembud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gembud] virtual potential temperature (theta_v) from surface
observations

Hello gembuds,

Iâm sure thereâs an easy solution to this, but I canât seem to figure it out:
is there a way to plot virtual potential temperature from surface observations
using sfmap? Virtual temperature, or potential temperature, no problem, but I
havenât been able to get theta_v to work.  I tried using sthc(tvrc,pres) in the
call to sfparm, but it doesnât look right (I think itâs still just plotting
theta).  Thanks for any help you can provide!

Russ

--
Russ S. Schumacher
Assistant Professor