Re: [Data-curation] MROC vs MR0C

  • To: Stephen Adams <sadams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Data-curation] MROC vs MR0C
  • From: daryl herzmann <akrherz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 12:07:41 -0500 (CDT)
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Steve,

In the vane of data-curation, would you mind sharing that list of 25 things? :)

daryl

On Wed, 9 Aug 2017, Stephen Adams wrote:

Greg,

Ah... the joys of processing the metar "standard". I made a C program that
makes corrections to certain obvious errors in the metars. Over the years
I've been adding more and more "events". It's up to 25 now, with 2 more
waiting for my attention... The international sites are the most error
prone, but good ole USA sites are not immune. Quality control at data entry
sounds like a wonderful and logical idea. Therefore, according to Murphy's
Law, it'll never happen!

Steve