[conduit] NCEP firewall mitigation to help CONDUIT latencies postponed

  • To: Pete Pokrandt <poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [conduit] NCEP firewall mitigation to help CONDUIT latencies postponed
  • From: Anne Myckow - NOAA Affiliate <anne.myckow@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 16:16:03 -0400
Hello CONDUIT users,

As some of you may know, NCEP is working to expand our firewall and network
bandwidth in both our College Park and Boulder sites. We believe this
should alleviate the latencies we've been experiencing with the CONDUIT
data.

Unfortunately that work will not be going forward next week as was
proposed, and does not yet have a new date. I will update the list when we
get a new date set. Part of this work will involve an outage of the CONDUIT
systems, and I will note that in my email as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we'll be happy
to help.
Anne
--
Anne Myckow