Re: [cf-pointobsconvention] Draft 2

NOTE: The cf-pointobsconvention mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

All-

John Graybeal wrote:
Sorry, my terminological mistake in this community (where I come
from, what CF calls a 'standard name' is just another type of
variable name, but with a specialized purpose).

I think I get it (and I think my comment still applies).

I agree.  If I have a temperature, it means coming up with a
new standard name for each location (at_sea_level, at_tropopause,
at_halocline_top, at_halocline_bottom, etc).  That could quickly
get out of hand.  Of course, standard name is optional so you don't
have to use it.

Don

John