Re: [cf-pointobsconvention] Draft 2

NOTE: The cf-pointobsconvention mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Dear John

> Ok, we can recommend but not require. Do you think "surface" is > reasonable to assume when z is missing?

No, just because Z is missing you can't assume that it's at the surface.
It could be something like "tropopause" and just that there is no additional data to set that reference.

In CF, data on particular surfaces that aren't defined by particular coord
variables has this intended in the standard name e.g. "X_at_tropopause"
or "X_at_sea_level".

Cheers

Jonathan

  • Search the cf-pointobsconvention archives: