Re: [awips2-users] MADIS ingest

Hi Sue,

I don’t think it will ingest the madis netcdf natively on AWIPS II. AWIPS I may
be a different story.

You need to convert the netcdf data to xml format and then ingest it via the
LDAD distribution file patterns (I.e. LDAD mesonet, LDAD hydro, etc).

If you would like, I can provide you a small sample xml mesonet file that
should ingest in EDEX. Just keep in mind that some madis datasets are huge, so
they may need to be split or sliced to ingest into AWIPS without high latencies.

Justin