Re: [awips2-users] MADIS ingest

The website for MADIS data has this:
AWIPS netCDF Files
*Supplementary*

MADIS supplies some observational datasets that are in addition to what's
normally available via the SBN. These files are formatted for display in
D2D, and customization packages (including *README* instructions and the
necessary *customFiles* files to be used in the localization tasks) are
provided.

Does anyone have the README and 'customFiles' mentioned above ?

I have been unsuccessful in starting EDEX in a mode to read MADIS NetCDF.

Help would be appreciated!

Sue

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 1:30 PM S Dettling <dettling@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi ,
> Does anyone have experience with netCDF MADIS data ingest? I did a
> distributed EDEX install and have have the MADIS data coming in (compressed
> and uncompressed). I have a distribs file for the raw madis data but the
> data go into the "unrecognized files" log. I have noticed the default modes
> do not contain madis specific xml files. The  xml files  under modes
> containing MADIS do not seem to be available. I also tried using start.sh
> to start up in a non default mode (unsuccessfully).   If anyone has
> experience please message me.
>
> Thanks!
> Sue

  • Search the awips2-users archives: