[netCDF #AIP-356829]: issues on netcdf-4 daily snapshots

Howdy John!

> Hi, I'm evaluating the netcdf-4 daily snapshots, I'd like to report a few
> issues I've found when building on glnxa64 and glnx86 with some software in
> non-standard locations, as must be the case in our build system at MathWorks.
>
> The hdf5 version is 1.8.3 (I'm assuming that the 1.8.3-snap2 requirement is
> met by using 1.8.3), and the snapshot is 11/07

Nope, that is your problem. You must upgrade to 1.8.4-pre1 (or just anything
better than 1.8.3-nap2).

> The first attachment is a zip-file with both the VERSION, build log, and
> config log for glnx86, netcdf-4 enabled, dap-enabled, and with curl-config
> specified.  Basically it seems that the include path for curl.h isn't making
> it thru when compiling libncdap3/oc.  Curl is not installed on the system.
>
> The 2nd attachment is a zip-file for the same configuration, but on glnxa64.
> On this system, curl is a system install, but also exists in the build system
> (where it is specified by curl-config).  This build fails in a different
> location, and I think it's because the system version of curl is being picked
> up until the link step is attempted.

I believe Dennis dealt with these two...

> 3rd attachment is glnx86 as before, but without curl.  This fails on glnx86,
> but passes on glnxa64.

This will be fixed by upgrading HDF5.

> 4th attachment is glnxa64 without curl, but with hdf4.  This fails because it
> would seem that "netcdf.h" is somehow not being seen.

ncdump is finding a non-netCDF-4 version of netcdf.h.

This may mean you have an older version of netCDF installed in one of the
directories specified with -I on the build line. Or this may be a confused
build, if you first built netCDF without netCDF-4, and then rebuilt with
netCDF-4, but didn't do a "make distclean" before trying the second build.

Does this help?

> Anyway, sorry for dumping so much on you.  I'm very happy to tweak things if
> possible, and can also provide build logs on maci and maci64 if you would
> like.

Thank you for trying this and bringing it to our attention. We really do rely
on users like you to help develop netCDF! ;-)

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: AIP-356829
Department: Support netCDF