[netCDF #ATE-927500]: netcdf-3.6.3 installation error

Hi,

> Thanks for reply
>
> I am the one who kept trying to install several time since every time it
> fails. But every time I delete the directories and create new ones. My
> login also has administrative privilege. Right now I am trying to
> install "C:\cygwin\usr\local\gmt" and I don't know if installation has
> to go some where else.
>
> Any way is there a way to clean everything and start from scratch.
> Probably that's the way I can figure it out if the way I am logged in is
> the problem.

Using "make distclean" from the top-level directory (the one containing the
"configure" script) should delete everything that's not in the original
unpacked source distribution.  Alternatively, you can get another copy of
the source distribution from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.3.tar.gz

and use that.

You might try building and installing in your user directory first, just to
see if that makes all the "Permission denied" problems go away.  It's also
possible to install from the results of building in your user directory by
running "make install" from there, as a user who has permissions to create
and write in the installation directory.

I hope this helps ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: ATE-927500
Department: Support netCDF