[netCDF #JLS-704865]: Porting NETCDF 4.0 on OpenBSD 4.5 amd64

Benoit,

Oops, the test_utf8.tgz (378 bytes) attachment you sent had the files

  -rw-r--r--   1 russ     ustaff       221 Mar 14 09:26 tst_utf8.cdl
  -rw-r--r--   1 russ     ustaff       164 May 19  2008 ref_tst_utf8.cdl

but what I needed was just the file "utf8.cdl" from the ncdump
directory after the test failed.  I don't need the file
"tst_utf8.cdl".

--Russ

> > We don't currently have an OpenBSD platform on which to run tests,
> > so I'll need a little more information to diagnose the problem.
> > Could you please send the CDL file that differs in the failed
> > test, "utf8.cdl" from the ncdump directory.  The error message ...
> >
> >> *** creating UTF-8 test file tst_utf8.nc...ok.
> >> *** Tests successful!
> >> PASS: tst_utf8
> >>
> >> *** Testing ncgen and ncdump for UTF8 support...
> >> *** creating classic offset file with utf8 characters...
> >> *** dump and compare utf8 output...
> >> Binary files utf8.cdl and ./ref_tst_utf8.cdl differ
> >> FAIL: run_utf8_tests.sh
> >> =========================================
> >> 1 of 8 tests failed
> >
> > says it's a binary file, but it's really a text file containing
> > some UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters.  Nevertheless, if you could
> > send it in a way the preserves all the bits, it would help us to
> > see what's happening.  We haven't seen this test fail on any other
> > platform ...
> >
> > --Russ

> Sorry for my previous email, with the tgz.

Ticket ID: JLS-704865
Department: Support netCDF